how to borrow airtime from airtel – Are you in a situation where you need to make a call or send a message, but you have run out of airtime? Don’t worry; Airtel has got you covered. With their Extra Credit service, you can easily borrow airtime and data to use, and pay back later upon your next recharge. In this article, we will cover everything you need to know about borrowing airtime from Airtel, including eligibility requirements, procedures, and repayment options. Learn how to contact hiloan Zambia should you need a loan in Zambia.
Eligibility Requirements for Borrowing Airtel Airtime
To be eligible for Airtel’s Extra Credit service, you need to meet the following requirements:
- Have a registered Airtel SIM
- Your SIM must have been active for at least 3 months
- You must make a minimum monthly recharge of N250.
- You must not have any pending talk time loan
How to Borrow Airtime from Airtel
To borrow airtime from Airtel, follow these steps:
- Dial *500*amount#, for example, *500*100# to borrow N100 worth of airtime
- Alternately, you can call *500# and adhere to the instructions.
- If you meet the eligibility requirements, you will receive a message telling you that your request is being processed
- Upon approval, you will be credited with the requested airtime, minus a 15% service charge, which applies to all loan amounts except N25.
How to Borrow Data on Airtel
In addition to borrowing airtime, Airtel also allows you to borrow data. To do this, follow these steps:
- Dial *500#
- Reply with 3 to borrow data when prompted
- Choose the data bundle that suits your needs from the list of available options
- Once selected, your data plan will be activated within a short time.
How to Repay Borrowed Airtel Credit or Data
Repaying your borrowed airtime or data is easy. Simply recharge your line with the amount you borrowed, and Airtel will automatically deduct the borrowed amount from your next recharge. Checking Your BVN Without Airtime in 2023 just got easier.
Borrowing airtime or data from Airtel has never been easier. With their Extra Credit service, you can now stay connected even when you’re out of airtime or data. Remember to meet the eligibility requirements before borrowing, and repay on time to avoid any inconveniences.
How can I borrow airtime and data from Airtel?
If you’re an Airtel subscriber in Nigeria, you can easily borrow airtime and data using the Airtel Extra Credit service. This service allows you to borrow airtime or data and repay the loan on your next recharge, with a 15% service charge (except for the N25 loan).
- To be eligible for this loan offer, you must have a registered Airtel SIM that has been active for at least three months. You must also recharge a minimum of N250 per month, and not have any pending talk time loan. Additionally, you need to know the code to borrow airtime from Airtel, which is 500<amount># or *500# to follow the prompt.
- To borrow airtime, simply dial the Airtel borrow code, enter the amount of airtime you wish to borrow, and press ‘#’ or follow the prompt after dialing *500#. You should get a message telling you that your request is being processed, and you will be credited with N85 after the 15% service charge is removed.
- To borrow data, dial *500#, then reply with 3 to borrow data. You’ll be presented with a list of data bundles you qualify for, and you can select the bundle of your choice. Airtel will then activate your data plan of choice.
Repaying the borrowed airtime or data is simple:
just recharge your line with the amount of credit or data you borrowed, and Airtel will automatically deduct the borrowed amount. With the Airtel Extra Credit service, you don’t have to worry about running out of airtime or data in an emergency.
Why can’t I borrow card from Airtel?
- One reason could be that you have an outstanding loan, which needs to be repaid before you can borrow again.
- Another reason could be that you do not meet the eligibility requirements for borrowing airtime.
- These requirements include having an active Airtel SIM for at least three months, recharging a minimum of N250 per month, and not having any pending talk time loan.
- You may have issues linking nin to airtel
- If you are still unable to borrow airtime after meeting these requirements, you may want to contact Airtel customer care for assistance.
How can I borrow 1gb from Airtel?
To borrow 1GB of data from Airtel, you can follow these steps:
- Dial *500# on your Airtel line.
- Select the “Borrow Data” option.
- Choose the amount of data you want to borrow (in this case, select the option for 1GB).
- Confirm the transaction by following the prompts.
- The borrowed data will be credited to your account, and you can start using it immediately.
Please note that borrowing data from Airtel incurs a service fee, which will be deducted from your next recharge. Also, borrowing data is subject to eligibility criteria, which vary based on your usage history and other factors.
Which app can I use to borrow airtime in Nigeria?
There are several apps that allow you to borrow airtime in Nigeria, such as:
- Airtel Thanks App: This is the official mobile app of Airtel Nigeria that allows you to borrow airtime, data, and other value-added services.
- Mtn Xtratime: This is an MTN service that enables you to borrow airtime and pay it back later.
- Glo Borrow Me Credit: This is a service provided by Glo Nigeria that allows you to borrow airtime and pay it back later.
- 9mobile More credit: This is a service provided by 9mobile (formerly Etisalat) that allows you to borrow airtime and pay back later.
- Carbon: Formerly known as Paylater, Carbon is a mobile app that provides financial services including airtime and data loans.
- FairMoney: This is a mobile app that provides instant loans, including airtime loans, to users in Nigeria.
You can get these apps from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store, depending on your device.
FAQ: how to borrow airtime from airtel
Q: How do I borrow airtime from Airtel?
A: To borrow airtime from Airtel, simply dial *500*amount# on your phone, e.g. *500*200# to borrow N200 worth of airtime.
Q: What are the requirements to borrow airtime from Airtel?
A: To be eligible to borrow airtime from Airtel, you need to have been an active prepaid Airtel customer for at least 3 months and have a consistent history of recharging and using airtime.
Q: How much airtime can I borrow from Airtel?
A: You can borrow between N25 to N2000 worth of airtime from Airtel, depending on your eligibility.
Q: How much will I be charged for borrowing airtime from Airtel?
A: Airtel charges a service fee of 15% on the amount borrowed.
Q: How do I repay the borrowed airtime?
A: The borrowed airtime will be deducted from your next recharge automatically, along with the service fee. You can also choose to pay back the borrowed amount by dialing 500amount#.
Q: Can I borrow airtime from Airtel multiple times?
A: Yes, you can borrow airtime multiple times as long as you have paid back the previously borrowed amount and service fee.