first bank ussd code for transfer – First Bank’s Quick Banking is the latest initiative in USSD banking that offers customers the convenience of carrying out banking transactions on any smartphone without requiring an internet connection. Similar to Zenith Bank’s Easy Banking and UBA’s Magic Banking, the First Bank transfer code offers a range of exclusive benefits to users who transact using the USSD code.
Quick Banking is available for most retail accounts; however, it is not accessible for domiciliary account holders, First Children’s Account holders, or any premium account tiers. If you don’t hold any of the accounts specified above, you can proceed with activating your Quick Banking account and start using First Bank’s transfer code.
How to Activate first bank ussd code for transfer
Activating your First Bank transfer code is easy.
- Firstly, dial *894*0#, which is First Bank’s unique transfer code. You will receive a prompt warning that you’ll be charged N6.98 for USSD transactions on the network.
- Secondly, enter the last six digits of your First Bank’s debit card number associated with your account. If you don’t have an account linked to your phone number, you’ll get a prompt with an option to create an account.
- Thirdly, choose a PIN to secure your USSD transactions. Your PIN should be different from your debit card PIN, and we recommend entering a strong PIN that is easy for you to remember but hard for others to guess.
How do I use USSD code for FirstBank?
To use the USSD code for FirstBank, follow these steps:
- Activate your Quick Banking account: Dial 8940# on your registered phone number with FirstBank to activate your Quick Banking account. You will be prompted to enter the last six digits of your debit card number and choose a PIN to secure your transactions.
- Access Quick Banking menu: Once your Quick Banking account is activated, dial *894# on your registered phone number with FirstBank to access the Quick Banking menu.
- Select transaction type: From the Quick Banking menu, select the type of transaction you want to perform. For example, to transfer money, select “Transfer”.
- Enter transaction details: Follow the prompts to enter the transaction details, such as the recipient’s account number and the amount you want to transfer.
- Confirm transaction: Review the transaction details to ensure they are correct, then enter your Quick Banking PIN to authorize the transaction.
- Receive confirmation: After authorizing the transaction, you will receive a confirmation message from FirstBank indicating that the transaction was successful.
With the FirstBank USSD code, you can perform a range of transactions, including account opening, airtime purchase, money transfer, updating your BVN, making cardless withdrawals, retrieving your card PIN, and blocking your debit card. Just dial *894# on your registered phone number with FirstBank to access the Quick Banking menu and start transacting.
Other Transactions that can be done with First Bank ussd code
Once you have completed the activation process, you can start transacting using the First Bank ussd code for transfer. Here are some of the transactions you can make using Quick Banking:
- Account Opening: If you don’t have a First Bank account, you can open one using the transfer code. It is easy and free, and you can get an account number without visiting a branch.
- Airtime Purchase: You can purchase airtime using the transfer code. Dial 894amount*phone number# and enter your PIN to authorize the transaction. If you are among the first 894 First Bank customers to purchase airtime using the transfer code, you can get twice the recharge amount if it is N500 or more, but not more than N1,000.
- Money Transfer: You can transfer money to anyone with a bank account regardless of the bank. Dial 894amount*recipient’s account number# on your phone and enter your PIN to authorize the transaction.
- Update BVN: You can update your BVN using the transfer code.
- Cardless Withdrawals: You can make cardless withdrawals using the transfer code.
- Retrieve Card PIN: If you forget your debit card PIN, you can retrieve it using the transfer code.
- Block Debit Card: You can block your debit card using the transfer code.
In conclusion, First Bank’s Quick Banking offers an easy and convenient way to carry out banking transactions without the need for an internet connection. To activate your Quick Banking account, dial 8940#, enter the last six digits of your debit card number, and choose a PIN. You can transact using the transfer code for account opening, airtime purchase, money transfer, BVN update, cardless withdrawals, retrieve card PIN, and block debit card. Need a quick loan? try Hiloan Zambia Review 2023 – Legit or Scam?you can contact them via hiloan zambia contact details.
FAQ: first bank ussd code for transfer
How do I activate my FirstBank transfer code?
What is FirstBank Nigeria USSD code?
What is the USSD code for FirstBank to other banks?
How do I set my USSD code?
How do I transfer money from FirstBank to another bank?